Thursday, October 8, 2009

Northrend Grinding

I was initially going to be casual with leveling my Relic-equipped warlock. Take things slow and tour around nuking things.

Then I found out that I'm a demigod and nearly immortal compared to the squishyness of the other locks in greens and outland blues. I'm in Tier freakin 6 gear!! The rest is all Relic items. I'm using the Relic shoulders, Chest, Staff, and both trinkets. That puts me at a huge 126 Hit, 18% Crit, and 1026 Spell damage at level 70. Quite respectable. I was blowing up stuff in Nagrand. Multiple things and lifetapping / Haunting my way back to full health + full mana. Then moving onto the next pack of critters.

Northrend.... Not much has changed. Just the xp amount went up to 1200 per mob. Taking on 6 to 10 at a time means some really fast fast levelling. I decided to quest thru some of Borean Tundra and then grnid up some of the Howling Fijord. I did get myself Northrend Flying at Level 71. That Account Bound book of Cold Weather Flying rocks. Sure I have 1000g to spend on flying. Can I skip waiting for level 77? Hells Yea!!

Anyway. Got to 72 Tuesday after skinning + quest grinding. Then made 73 yesterday after more of the same. Vendoring all of the plate quest rewards that I'm getting. Gear is still superior to Northrend greens. Probably change out my outfit by level 75. Quests are giving 24k to 30k. Mobs are giving 1200 to 2400 xp per kill. Still Affliction spec is working out Very nicely.

Why change a good thing? Not enough dps? I'm doing 1k dps to 8 mobs at once at level 72 and then skinning them for decent loot + enough shoveltusk meat to last me 10,000 years. I can't remember my wife's rogue doing that much at level 80 in 178 ilevel blues. I'll change out the relic gear once I get to 80 and replace with Lv 200 epics. Till then, the relic gear is a great investment. TTFN.

No comments: