Friday, February 22, 2008

BG Combat Musings

Dying in the Battlegrounds is expected.

As a warlock, I'm not expecting a dedicated healer. Hell, if I get a renew or a druid heal over time (HoT) I'm doing handstands. My bandages, Food, and healthstone are enough to give me the time I need to do some damage, take a flag, or generally piss off the Alliance.

You're GONNA die. Make no mistake. Before you go, I would suggest that you use your mana/health to eliminate enemy players, contribute to the success of your team, or distract as many players away from the flag as possible.

Killing enemy players. DUH. Not my forte, but I've been known to put enough poisonous spells to ensure someone's demise. Usually, it's not so instant ( God bless Nightfall procs ), but enough to kill most players... even if they've killed me. That's revenge from beyond the grave.

Success of the team. Slow spell on a rogue/warrior duo chasing a priest. Fear off a druid tank ripping up a hunter. None of these casts hurt anyone, but they help your squad secure a flag or someone live thru a fight. Heck, I've kited two players around the Lumbermill while the rest of my team 1) backstabbed them to death and 2) capped the LM flag while they chased a wounded warlock trying for an easy HK.

Distraction. Smoke in the West, Fire in the East. Tsun Tsu and the Art of War. Look it up. GREAT Stuff. Written thousands of years ago by a Chineese thinker and still being taught at West Point.

No comments: