Friday, February 29, 2008

Flaming Death!!

Okay, so the Warlock Lv40 mount isn't as monumental as it would appear. Still, you can't stare a gift-horse in the mouth. Especially mine! The push from level 38 to 40 took ONE gaming session. PvP time builds up lots of bonus XP. After facing twinked-out bloodthirsty Alliance killers, yetis and ogres were no match whatsoever. Okay, so I did get crushed by some ogres in the castle, but the respawn rate in Alterrac ruins was pretty nuts. Also, I was trying to blaze thru the castle without pausing to drink/eat to full mana. The quest was orange and intended for a group. Still, dying wasn't anything new to this warlock. As long as I accomplished the mission. I died trying to train out of the castle, btw. Not a smart plan. Just that anxiousness to get to level 40.

Soon enough, I turned in the Crown of Will, 3 ogre heads, 1 human head, another ogre head, and some necklace for the final push to 40. A very grisly set of contents, but XP is XP. I can roleplay the Horde delivery boy.

I could have gotten some more PVP in before hitting 40. Even some more tokens accumulated. But this dude is tired of walking. It's a free horse and the spurs cost me 55 silver + some time with a guildie.

Now I'm riding in Style. The level 40 gear + Howl of Terror are a huge upgrade in PvE grinding. I also have Dark Pact for nearly unlimited mana. Gonna focus on level 40-48 grind now. 4000 Kills safely under my belt.

No comments: